Pag-IBIG Housing Loan can be paid via Metrobankdirect without any fees. Another choice is using the recently launched online payment facility of Pag-IBIG where you can pay several Pag-IBIG transactions with a convenience fee of 1.75%.
Here are the steps in Metrobankdirect:
1. Once logged in, go to DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS.
2. Click Pay Bills.
3. On the right side, under the Pay Bills tab, select Government in the Category drop-down.
4. Then choose Pag-Ibig Fund (Individual) in the Biller drop-down.
5. After selecting, you will see three new fields. You will only be typing in the Subscriber/Account No. field. You can also type your Phone No. but it is not required.
6. The one that you will type in the Subscriber/Account No. field is the 20-digit Payment Reference No. on your bill.
It’s quite confusing at first because there is also a Reference No. field on the website, but you will not use this.
Please note that copying and pasting are not allowed so you have to manually type it in the Subscriber/Account No. field.
7. Once done, type the exact amount in the field in the Enter Amount section. You can also type in the Remarks field optionally. If you have more than one account registered, then select an account to debit.
8. Click Continue. On the next page that will appear, enter the one-time PIN (OTP) that will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- If you mistakenly paid twice within a billing period, the extra payment will be carried over to the next month. For example, if you paid twice in January, then you will not be billed in February. You will not even receive a Billing Statement from Pag-IBIG in the next month.
- If you think typing manually the 20-digit Payment Reference No. is kind of taxing, you can use Pag-IBIG’s online payment facility as I’ve mentioned in the first part of this article. Just enter your Housing Account No. and it will pull up your latest billing. You will also have the option to pay via PayMaya, Visa, MasterCard, and JCB.